I never thought I would be saying this, but I think I actually kind of like Kristen Stewart. Before I couldn’t get enough of dissing her but these past weeks have seen me respect her more and more. It does still annoy me how she has only one facial expression, but here is why I admire Kristen Stewart.
1. She wants to be known for being an actress, and only an actress. She isn’t selling herself to the media and neither is she using her body to progress her career. Some would say this is a rare find in a celebrity these days.
2. She has a private life which she keeps, well, private. There is just too much media courting these days for my liking. She shows that if you want to exclude the media in certain areas of your life, you can.
3. She seems to be just another young, ordinary girl. OK, her status as a sought after actress does not make her as ordinary as me or you, but I like how we see her more often in not wearing runners and a t-shirt, she looks extremely awkward and uncomfortable dressed up as a Barbie doll, and she makes mistakes in life – just like us all.
4. Whether dressed up or down, she has a wicked sense of style!
5. She bagged Robert Pattinson. ‘Nuff said.