I found this post over at the website of the lovely Ashlly D. I hope you enjoy it and feel free to link back your own answers to me!
How would you describe your style?
– I wouldn’t necessarily say I have a certain style. I more or less like everything! I like to be glammed up but more in a doll kind of way. I much prefer to wear flats and love anything with a Peter Pan collar, floral or polka dot print. If anybody can help me describe myself better, please comment below!
Who inspires your style?
– These days I find that I am most inspired by reading fashion blogs or watching YouTube videos. There are some really stylish people out there with my favourites being This.Is.What.I.Do
, Thunder and Threads
, and Beauty Crush
. I also like just looking at people in the street and try to put my own look together based on various bits I see on others. If I had to pick a celebrity, Fearne Cotton does it for me. She is so funky!
What are your “wardrobe” staples?
– I bought a pair of red patent boots in a random shop in Berlin a couple of months ago and I absolutely live in them! I try to incorporate them into as many outfits that I can and find that they can make most things more funky and young. I also love my skinny jeans and hope they never go out of fashion!
What’s the most expensive item in your “wardrobe”?
– Luckily for me I have a knack of not buying anything too expensive. I have a good eye for spotting staple pieces at a very good price! Perhaps the most expensive thing I bought was a dress for Topshop
from my graduation, as seen on Stacey Solomon on the X Factor. I think that was around 70 euros. I have more expensive items in my wardrobe but I guess it doesn’t count if I didn’t pay the full price for them.
What’s your most wanted item?
– I really, really
need want a pair of Doc Martens in my life. I am still undecided about the colour though and whether or not they actually suit my miniscule legs.
– I am not a fan of designers really, at least not for clothes. Shoes are a different story and I adore Jimmy Choo.
How much do you spend on clothes?
– Before I moves to Berlin I was spending 200 euro or more a month on clothes. I am much better now though and probably spend no more than 100 euro a month. My bank balance thanks me for this.
– H&M, Berskha, Urban Outfitters and Penneys/Primark. I do often get an urge for Topshop and Warehouse and look forward to frequenting them when I am home for Christmas!
– Again, I can’t answer this question with anything in particular. I have never bought a bottle of perfume myself so the choice was never mine. My current favourite perfume would be DKNY.
What’s your favourite way to do your hair?
– I am getting very lazy with my hair and haven’t attempted a style as such in ages! I usually like to wear my hair with a lot of volume, either curly or straight – my go-to style!
What is your go-to outfit when you have no idea what to wear?
– I bought a black velvet dress a couple of years ago and it has become something I always reach for in times of crisis. It is quite versatile and can be worn either dressy of casual. Very beneficial for an indecisive person such as me!
One fashion trend you wish would come back and stay?
– None in particular. I am not a person who follows trends so it doesn’t make much of a difference to me.
What’s the most prized possession in your “wardrobe”?
– A dark blue and black silk scarf my sister bought me home from India.
What advice would you give to someone who is fashion conscious?
– Don’t leave anybody dictate what you wear. Having style is all about wearing what you are comfortable in. Don’t let anybody take away your style!